If you were to ask any of my children what their favorite dessert is, they would say “mud pie”.
I’ve been making this for years and cannot remember why we even call it chocolate mud pie, but it is a hit among them and all of my other extended family members!
This is also going to be one of the simplest desserts you ever make! I use a refrigerated pie crust because not all of us have those “pro baker” skills in the kitchen. If you do have them, I admire you!
Basically, this is a layers dessert with a couple of fillings. You’ll start with the cream cheese filling…
…spread over the crust…
Next you’ll spread the pudding filling.
Then you’ll top it off with Cool Whip and a grated milk chocolate bar!
- ready to bake refridgerated pie crust
- 1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 12oz container of original Cool Whip
- 1 large pkg (5.9 oz) chocolate instant Jello pudding (I use chocolate fudge)
- 1 small pkg (3.4 oz) vanilla instant Jello pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 milk chocolate bar (I use Hershey’s)
- Bake pie crust (according to package) in casserole dish pan. I baked mine at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of Cool Whip together. Spread over crust.
- Mix puddings together with 3 cups of milk and 1/2 c. of Cool Whip. Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Spread the rest of the Cool Whip as top layer.
- Grate the chocolate bar to garnish the top.
- Chill for at least one hour. Serve.
You’ll want to get ready to have the recipe available because if you take this to an event, everybody will ask you for it!
I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
POST BY: Kari Sweeten