Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a soft, sweet pound cake with coconut flavor bursting throughout. This rich cake recipe is the ideal dessert to present at any party or family gathering – it’s everything a perfect pound cake should be!
If this cake sounds good to you, you should definitely check out my Classic Coconut Cake Recipe! It’s the best ever!
I feel like I have pretty much killed coconut lately. Like seriously.
In the past few weeks I have made so many desserts with coconut…Toasted Coconut Banana Bread, Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips, Frozen Sangria (yep), and Pineapple Cookies. I don’t know if it’s the warm temperatures that just have me in the tropical mood, but I’m coconut crazy!
But let me just tell you…this pound cake is ridiculous. Like you should make it as soon as you can.
A Sweet and Simple Coconut Cake
The cream cheese and the butter make this rich, without being “too” rich. You might not believe me, but it’s a true story I’m telling.
If you eat this the day you make it, it’s fluffy and light. If you eat it the next day it becomes a bit more dense, but gets extra moist (ugh sorry) and even better!
This has become my summer cake, because it’s sweet and soft, but you can also eat this with your hands. I mean cake with your hands? I’m all in.
In all honesty this cake is really simple.
Tips on Making the Best Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake:
The batter comes together quickly. You could even toast the coconut to add another layer of flavor!
Grease your pan pretty heavily. I also cross my fingers and pray when I’m making a bundt cake.
When it bakes it looks pretty stunning.
Say three Hail Mary’s and turn that pan upside down.
I always encourage glaze. A.L.W.A.Y.S.
Warm or cooled this cake is legit.
Fork or fingers this one is a keeper.
Coconut Is Your Thing? Try These Other Awesome Coconut Recipes:
- Coconut Stuffed Brownies
- Butter Coconut Bars
- Coconut Layer Bars
- Toasted Coconut Banana Bread
Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a soft, sweet pound cake with coconut throughout. This rich cake recipe is the ideal dessert to present at any party or family gathering – it’s everything a perfect pound cake should be!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon coconut extract)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded flaked coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 10 cup bundt pan with nonstick spray OR coat with shortening and lightly dust with flour, tapping off excess. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and cream cheese together on medium speed until smooth. Add in sugar and mix for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, the extract(s), salt, and baking powder until mixed, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just incorporated.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Spread batter into your prepared pan and bake for 70-80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes and then invert pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk the powdered sugar and milk together until smooth. Pour the glaze on top of the cake while it’s still warm.
store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
Keywords:: pound cake recipe, cream cheese pound cake recipe, homemade pound cake recipe, how to make pound cake, coconut cream cheese pound cake recipe, coconut pound cake recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?