One more lemon recipe before Fall is officially here! This Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake is a simple recipe for breakfast or brunch. Fresh or frozen blueberries may be used.
This cake uses a lemon cake mix as the base. And I’m not even sorry. I love cake mixes. A lot of people don’t for whatever reason. I’m not one of those people. I use cake mixes in my recipes all the time. Like my Strawberry Chip Cookies, Blueberry Swirl Cake or even in this Birthday Cake Popcorn!
This Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake isn’t light and fluffy though. It’s dense as a coffee cake should be. And the crumb topping is just delicious. You can serve it with a dollop of whipped cream if you want. Or a sprinkling of powdered sugar. I love it just as it is. Warm and fresh from the oven.
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix and butter. Mix until crumbly. Set aside 1 1/4 cups of mixture for the topping.
- Add eggs and milk to the remaining crumb mixture. Beat with with a mixer on medium for two minutes.
- Spread batter in a greased 9×9 or 9×13 pan. Top with blueberries and reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 40 minutes depending on pan size. Serve.