Preacher Cake~ Delicious and moist cake with pineapple, coconut and pecans.
The title of this cake caught my eye as I scrolled through my recipes, searching for a wonderful cake to make for a large group coming for dinner.
I was making two slow cooker entrees, so I decided that I could turn the oven on for an hour and not heat up my kitchen too much.
Well, this cake was a HUGE success. Everyone went back for seconds. I made a 9 x 13-inch cake, so there was also plenty leftover. I sent home slices as care packages too.
The coconut, pineapple combo is just wonderful. I thought if the preacher loves this cake, then it has to be a winning recipe! Everyone asked for this recipe. It’s perfect for a large party. The cream cheese frosting really makes it fantastic!
This cake would also be wonderful as a layered cake or as muffins!
Tools that I used to make this cake:
DOWAN 4-Piece Porcelain Mixing/Serving Bowl Set- 12- 22 – 42 – 64 OZ, White, Anti-slipping Nesting Bowls
AEDILYS Set of 6 Best Measuring Spoons for Dry & Liquid Ingredients – Narrow Shape to Fit in Spice Jars – Perfect for Baking & Cooking -Professional Quality with Engraved U.S & Metric Sizes
Set Of Baking Pans – Large Roaster & Cookie Sheet Non Stick Carbon Steel Metal With Blue Silicon Handles
Easy and delicious moist cake with pineapple and coconut, covered in a cream cheese frosting!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, don’t drain
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts, divided
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla and mix on medium-low speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture until just combined.
- Add pineapple (undrained), 1 cup chopped pecans and coconut and continue mixing on medium-low speed until all ingredients are thoroughly combined (about 1 minute).
- Spray a 13×9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour cake batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until cake is set in the center and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely in pan then the frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans over cake.
- Store in refrigerator
Recipe adapted from: South Your Mouth
Nettie Moore is the cook, baker, photographer, and designer behind Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog. Nettie is a self- trained cook and baker. She loves creating easy recipes that don’t call for a lot of unknown ingredients. Nettie’s Blueberry Skillet Cake has been featured in Taste Of Home Magazine and her Peach Raspberry Pie has won awards! She was born and raised in Southern California and now lives with her artist husband. Follow Nettie on her blog, Moore or Less Cooking, or on FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN |INSTAGRAM|