The two classic video games, Shenmue I and Shenmue II, are now available to play on Microsoft’s Xbox One consoles.
These new releases of Shenmue I and II aren’t basic backwards compatibly titles. Both video games feature reworked UI, new control options, scalable resolutions, and Japanese language options. Shenmue I and Shenmue II also support Xbox Live cloud saves and each comes with a good number of Xbox Achievements to unlock.
Here’s the official game description and trailer:
A tale of revenge. In 1986, teenage jujitsu artist Ryo Hazuki returns to the dojo of his father, Iwao Hazuki, only to witness his murder by a Chinese man, Lan Di. Lan Di steals a mysterious artifact known as the Dragon Mirror. Ryo vows to avenge his father’s death and sets out tracing Lan Di’s path.
The best Shenmue experience:
- Updated user interface
- Choice of modern or classic controls
- Japanese audio available for the first time for a global audience
- Fully scalable screen resolutions
An epic legend:
- A tale of revenge on a grand scale
- Solve the mystery of your father’s murder
- An experience never to be forgotten
The world feels alive:
- Talk to anyone, scour the world for clues
- NPCs live independent lives on their own schedule
- Faithful recreations of 1980s Japan and Hong Kong, China
- Distract yourself with arcade games, collectibles, duck racing, and more
Have you played Shenmue I or II before or will this be your first time? Share your thoughts with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Xbox video game content.
SEGA Europe Ltd