A cool, refreshing, creamy Strawberry Banana Smoothie is great for breakfast or as a snack any time of the day. It whips up in a flash and is both delicious and good for you!
Okay…so can someone please explain to me why, even though I like fruit, I don’t eat as much of it as I should unless I turn it into something that resembles a milkshake?? Is it just me?
I mean it’s not like it’s hard to eat some fruit, but getting enough of it in my diet can sometimes be a real challenge. That’s why I love smoothies! Drinking a smoothie is so much more fun than just eating some plain old fruit. I feel like I’m having an indulgent treat, but it’s actually a good-for-me treat!
Smoothies are super easy to make. All you need for this Strawberry Banana Smoothie is five simple ingredients, five minutes, and a blender. Done! Whip one up for breakfast or as a healthy snack any time of the day.
Almond milk and yogurt, along with a frozen banana, make this smoothie nice and creamy, which is just how I like my smoothies (like I said – milkshake). I also use frozen strawberries instead of ice cubes, which make the smoothie cold and thick without watering it down. I want full strawberry-banana flavor!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIES:
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Frozen banana
- Frozen strawberries
- Pure maple syrup (optional)
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
HERE’S A QUICK LOOK AT HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIES:
Here’s a bonus: This smoothie is great for sneaking in other good-for-you stuff! I often put in some ground flax seeds or chia seeds. Sometimes I add oats if I want my smoothie to be just a little more breakfasty (is that a word?). When I feel like being really good, I throw in a handful of spinach or kale (you hardly know it’s there).
If you put in some extras, just remember that you may need to add a little more almond milk to loosen things up depending on how much stuff you add in. Just see how it’s going once you start blending.
- Do I have to use frozen berries or bananas? Nope. Using fresh is fine. It’s just a temperature and texture thing. Your smoothie won’t be as cold or have that thick and frosty consistency, but it will still taste delicious. You could always add some ice cubes to make up for it if you’d like.
- Can I use something other than almond milk? Sure! Use whatever milk you like – regular milk, skim milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, etc. I have even used chocolate almond milk when that’s all I had (YUM!).
- Can I use another flavor of yogurt? Absolutely. Use plain, strawberry, or whatever flavor you like. I often use a different flavor yogurt to change things up a bit. Also, either regular yogurt or Greek yogurt will work just fine.
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is the first smoothie I ever made, and it’s the one I go back to time and time again. It’s great any time of year, and it’s a classic that both adults and kids will enjoy!
I hope you try this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe and love it as much as I do. Thanks for visiting today!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If your smoothie is a little too thick and is giving your blender a hard time, add some more almond milk to thin it out a bit.
- Best when served immediately.
- If your strawberries and banana are very ripe and sweet, you may not need to add the maple syrup or you may want to add less than the 2 tablespoons. Sweeten it to your liking. You could also use honey or any other sweetener of your choice. Calories per serving without the maple syrup or any other sweetener are 159.
- Use plain frozen whole or sliced strawberries, not the ones with syrup.
- You can replace the almond milk with any kind of milk you like.
- You can replace the low-fat vanilla yogurt with any kind or flavor of yogurt you like.
- Banana Pineapple Smoothie
- Chocolate Brownie Fruit And Nut Bars (Homemade Larabars)
- Easy Veggie Dip
- Welsh Cookies
- Caesar Salad (My Way)