Kids will have fun while learning Where do I Live with this printable activity perfect for Expanding Horizons with Prek, Kindergarten, and 1st graders.
Where do I Live
That is a really confusing question for young kids! They know they live in a house, some will tell you a city name or a state, but most have trouble garsping how they can live in both a city and state at the same time!
This fun, hands on geography activity for kindergarten age kids will help kids begin to grasp how they live in a home, on a street, in a city, in a state, in a country, in a continent, on a planet, in our solar system.
First, we read through Me on the Map and Where do I Live which helped explain the concept of expanding horizons. Then we did this where do I live project as a great visual & the perfect way to wrap things up our unit.
For this activity simply print the free printable at the bottom of the post (we printed each page on a different piece of colored construction paper for contrast). Then cut out each circle. Stack the circles up in order (see below) with them all touching at the top. Use a hole punch to make a hole through all the circles at the top and then insert a brad to secure them together. Now it’s time to let your student personalize their Where do I Live Project!
Geography for Kids
- Where do I live Printable Activity
- US States for Kids – free worksheets, games, hands-on activities and more for teaching kids about us history and all 50 states
- Easy-to-Make Salt Dough Map
- Country Coloring Pages – Color, Read, and Learn
- Books about Countries around the World
- Tons of Free Printable Maps for Kids
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Landmarks for Kids Lego Challenge Cards
- Children around the World printable worksheets
- Landforms Worksheets pdf free
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
- Roll into Geography Games for Kids – simple printable game to learn about continents
- Country Coloring Pages
Community Helpers Activities
- Community Helpers Crafts, Activities, Projects, Science Activities, and more
- Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages – over 20 simple coloring pages exploring jobs
- Community Helpers Worksheets for Kids
- Printable Community Helper Writing Prompt Worksheets
- Doctor Pretend Play Printables
- Free Printables for Zoo Dramatic Play
- Community Helpers Printables Wheel
- Handy Community Signs Worksheets
- HUGE Pack of Firefighter Worksheet to practice a variety of skills with kids 3-8
- Free Printable Community Helpers Matching Game
- Doctor Worksheets for kids to learn about hospital workers while practicing math and literacy skills
- Hands-on Community Helpers STEM Activities
- See lots of community helpers preschool theme ideas
- Construction Activities and Printables for Kids
- Farm Activities and Printables for Kids
- Where do I Live – free printable project and fun idea for explaining how you live in a house, on a block, in a city, in a state, etc.
- All About Me Kindergarten (Expanding horizons social studies unit to teach kids about themselves, My Family, My Neighborhood, My Community Unit with lots of ideas & resources
- Lego All About Me Worksheet
See all of our history lessons for kids of all ages to make learning FUN!
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
In addition, don’t miss our disney world planning and kids activities filled with ideas for every holiday and season of the year!
Expanding Horizons Activity
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use (to share please direct others to grab their own copy; your frequent visits keep our printables FREE!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)